Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which BlowBack Airsoft?

MixLord

Looking for a blowback airsoft that uses green gas.. Im going to shoot production, G19 and I'm looking for something with ALOT of recoil.. for dryfire / follow-up sight picture training.. Thank You..

This has been my main practice pistol since I retired from competition and police work.  It was also my secret weapon that I used to keep my hand/eye coordination up after I retired completely.  I also have a pair of WE Dragons for my wife and I to shoot against one another on steel challenge targets . Very useful tools as I can shoot in the back yard as the mood to shoot occurs. Do not just use airsoft for dry fire. Smaller targets at shorter range will give you the  sight picture and will require competitive technique to get the confirmation of hits and will only improve your speed and accuracy. Do not listen to the self appointed "experts" on dry fire only. Just pulling the trigger wont make you more accurate without the hits. Pick up a ced airsoft timer to enhance you practice results. Both of the pistols I mentioned use green gas but I only use propane, much cheaper and to keep you from trying to watch the airsoft bbs use only black .25s which will be invisible.The we dragons shoot faster due to the longer barrels about 400 fps on my crono and cycle faster due to a split slide.

https://www.evike.com/products/31520/
KJW Xcelerator 6" Hi-CAPA Full Metal Airsoft Gas Blowback Gun
Dimension: 1198g / 12 x 8 x 2 (in)
Magazine Capacity: 31+1. (Green Gas / Propane Magazine Included) This pistol use all Tokyo Marui, CQB Master, WE, KJW Hi-capa compatible magazines. (Other than KJW 614 CO2 magazine)
System: Gas Blowback w/ adjustable hopup
Muzzle Velocity: 300~320 fps
Package Includes: Gun, Manual, magazine.
Manufacturer: KJW / KJ Works
Hopup: Adjustable.
BB: 0.20g or heavier high grade bbs only.
Action: Blowback.

8.2 OZ TRIGGER

Hope this helps.

John Kennedy aka falcor

{A87BD2C9-2172-4665-AE2F-77B85F6A10C2}.jpg

{28172301-82B2-4315-BDB2-97E30F85D752}.jpg

They’ve released fully licensed Glock pistols from Elite Force Umarex. I think just about any airsoft distributor has them. Gen 3 19,17 and a Gen 4 17. Like others have said recoil is not like a real pistol but these airsoft pistols perform well and are quite helpful is practice/reps.

Never competed with glocks except in the Police Olympics as you had to shoot your duty gun. On of the years I won I carried a Sig 220 in 45 acp, great gun, still have it and is my choice for serious business if I cant take a ar15 or a shotgun. My glock was a 22 and I carried a 26 as a boot gun. In PPC i used a compensated 1911 38 super which has more power and shoots flatter. If a glock is what you carry then you need a glock to practice with, remember to look into the ced airsoft timer as it keeps ya honest and shows improvement results.Good luck.

jk

7 hours ago, falcor said:

This has been my main practice pistol since I retired from competition and police work.  It was also my secret weapon that I used to keep my hand/eye coordination up after I retired completely.  I also have a pair of WE Dragons for my wife and I to shoot against one another on steel challenge targets . Very useful tools as I can shoot in the back yard as the mood to shoot occurs. Do not just use airsoft for dry fire. Smaller targets at shorter range will give you the  sight picture and will require competitive technique to get the confirmation of hits and will only improve your speed and accuracy. Do not listen to the self appointed "experts" on dry fire only. Just pulling the trigger wont make you more accurate without the hits. Pick up a ced airsoft timer to enhance you practice results. Both of the pistols I mentioned use green gas but I only use propane, much cheaper and to keep you from trying to watch the airsoft bbs use only black .25s which will be invisible.The we dragons shoot faster due to the longer barrels about 400 fps on my crono and cycle faster due to a split slide.

https://www.evike.com/products/31520/
KJW Xcelerator 6" Hi-CAPA Full Metal Airsoft Gas Blowback Gun
Dimension: 1198g / 12 x 8 x 2 (in)
Magazine Capacity: 31+1. (Green Gas / Propane Magazine Included) This pistol use all Tokyo Marui, CQB Master, WE, KJW Hi-capa compatible magazines. (Other than KJW 614 CO2 magazine)
System: Gas Blowback w/ adjustable hopup
Muzzle Velocity: 300~320 fps
Package Includes: Gun, Manual, magazine.
Manufacturer: KJW / KJ Works
Hopup: Adjustable.
BB: 0.20g or heavier high grade bbs only.
Action: Blowback.

8.2 OZ TRIGGER

Hope this helps.

John Kennedy aka falcor

{A87BD2C9-2172-4665-AE2F-77B85F6A10C2}.jpg

{28172301-82B2-4315-BDB2-97E30F85D752}.jpg

You have been a blessing.. THANK YOU !! for being so generous.. I'm very grateful.

6 hours ago, tact said:

They’ve released fully licensed Glock pistols from Elite Force Umarex. I think just about any airsoft distributor has them. Gen 3 19,17 and a Gen 4 17. Like others have said recoil is not like a real pistol but these airsoft pistols perform well and are quite helpful is practice/reps.

Thank you so much for contributing.. I appreciate the help.. 

• 3 weeks later...

The best blowback AEGs/rifles on the market are the Tokyo Marui "Recoil Shock" Next Generations.

I don't have a lot of gas blowback pistol experience, but the Glock 17/19 made by Elite Force (or Spartan if you have MIL/LE credentials) are good. Same dimensions as a real Glock, balance is a little different, but close enough to be valuable for cross-training.