Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Angles

SkyRock

A couple of weeks ago, I was going through my gun library and found an article about the angles magazines have on the belt vs speed of the draw. I put it aside for later review, but I may have put it in the OUT box by mistake. :( I think the author was Mr Sweeney.

If anyone has seen this artlcle (and I haven't found it in several searches), can you recall what magazine brands and models were used?

Thanks.

Mike

Can't help you there, but I've done a bit of experimenting, and if you put the mag pouches IPSC style. Point of hip/straight up (going around to the back) you can reload as fast as you can any other way I've found.

The only real advantage to this is you can shoot and division with this configuration, and when you go prone there is nothing poking you in the belly.

Waiting for the first mag to fall out of the gun seems to be the limiting factor on speed of the reload if you have decent flexibility. If you go too fast, you hit the bottom of the base pads of the one coming out and you push it right back in.