Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hogue Power Speed Holster

Cuz

You Bet it is! B)

I love my Hogue Powerspeed holster ........... You have the choice of full-lock mode, half-lock mode, or full-on race mode which is just a little tension on the trigger guard and some REALLY strong magnets which "grab on" and hold the slide (near the front) ..... if you are concerned about your guns finish looking "like a virgin" forever, you might want to steer away from this holster, cause if you use it alot (I consider one match a week to be enough) it can wear down the finish on the side of the slide with the magnets. But we all know that NOTHING can look NEW forever, right? ;)

Ohter than that little distraction ..... I love it. In full race mode there is NOTHING to think about when drawing the gun ..... just grab yourself a good grip and present the gun to the tagets. No levers to flip, no muzzle pins, and certainly no level 3 retention safties! :ph34r:

Besides that, did you notice I never ONCE asked what kind of gun you are looking at using in the HOGUE Powerspeed holster? Thats right, cause it's U-N-I-V-E-R-S-A-L ;) just add or subtract plastic shims to make the holster fit the gun, not the other way around!

Glock24Shooter must be drinking while posting. ;)

I also use a Hogue Power Speed. I would only use it for a Glock. And, I wouldn't suggest it over another holster (like a CR Speed) for even the Glock.

If your gun isn't locked in, it WILL fall out. Mine has (and so has Chris'). Luckily, that was between stages...no DQ.

Locked, the thing is like Fort Know. Solid, no worries.

1911 based guns are likely too heavy to allow starting in the unlocked (full race) mode.

If your gun isn't locked in, it WILL fall out.  Mine has (and so has Chris').  Luckily, that was between stages...no DQ. 

Now Kyle ................ let's be fair and remind our studio audience about the SHAKY BRIDGE starting platform I was attempting to spring-board myself from while doing a "dry-run & jump" ............... & I WAS in FULL LOCK mode. I dont think ANY race-type holster would have survived the 3 foot spring-board type leap I was thinking about doing on that stage! (darn kids nowadays) What was I thinking / drinking THEN (not NOW) B)

But seriously folks, if you dont do anything crazy like THAT, you will be fine.

And Flex? Not even a recomendation for an XD with the HOGUE ? Hmmm.... if you say so ............ I love my HOGUE as a "race-type" holster for my Glock-24 and would not trade it out if you gave me another holster! But to be fair this is the first and only race-type holster I have EVER used, so I cant really compare holsters other than what I have seen others using.

But after 4+ years of shooting IPSC / USPSA, and literaly dozens of chair-starts, El Prezes, & of course TWO shaky-bridge starts it has only fallen out ONCE and I will admit to being a little foolish there.

But as always YMMV so be careful out there kiddies! ;)

[Norm from Cheers mode on}

Fort Know...yeah, that is a little known fort that was built to be an exact replica of Fort Knox...blah, blah, blah.

[Norm mode off]

Anyway...we are drifting...I ahd better split this Hogue talk into it's own thread.