Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Added weight from RDS

BASE772

My G34 slide that was milled for a Delta Point Pro is only half an ounce lighter than it was stock. Per Leopold web sight the DPP weighs 1.9oz. 

So I will gain 1.4 oz in the rear of the slide with the DPP installed. I know its not an exact  science but I’m thinking make my lighting cuts only in the rear of the slide. None in the front. 

Educated thoughts?

Any Glock MOS owners ever do a recoil/muzzle rise comparison with and without a Red Dot Sight? And did you notice a difference?

Thanks

There is a lot of material that can be removed in the back. I personally would try to just balance the slide out where I want it.if it's tail heavy with the balance point you specify then lighten up the rear.   Why not frame mount the optic? That gives better sight tracking and longer sight life. 

The stock slide was 12.4 oz.  with slide lighting mostly in the rear the slide now weighs 13 oz with a Delta Point Pro. 

So we will see how it shoots soon. 3A64CA4F-1818-4E02-A702-CED9C2ADE404.thumb.jpeg.3560c7f93a9dd734457ae36d9f562725.jpeg2105957F-2877-4F2E-BE7E-C313F6AC7D66.thumb.jpeg.f83238f2e4f14d0a73f1c634dfb8899b.jpeg

03B1BB90-EB90-4B8A-97F2-F17200B94FDA.jpeg

3 hours ago, CharlieD said:

I was really impressed with how light this Primary Machine G34 came out.  Perhaps they can lighten yours.

F0FF8F9B-2CF6-4F43-A24F-DEFB95B4BE1B.jpeg

Thats nice! 

How much does that Vortex weigh?

I could have gone lighter but wanted to focus the weight reduction on the rear of the slide.

I wanted to see how it shoots before I decided to make anymore weight reduction.

I’ve got slow-mo video of the G34 shooting before I sent it off to have the work done. 

So I’ll shoot some slow-mo video when I get it back to see if there is any negative difference. 

Thanks for the reply.