Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2

AngeloConde

For shooting Production Optics div? Well, I think either CGW or CZCustom sells a MRDS dovetail mount for optics. Get a CZ 13lb or if you can find one a 11.5lb mainspring to drop the DA/SA trigger weight. If shooting reloads, tune your recoil spring weight to match. I like the stock grips so I never bothered replacing them.

9 hours ago, Trinimon said:
9 hours ago, Trinimon said:

For shooting Production Optics div? Well, I think either CGW or CZCustom sells a MRDS dovetail mount for optics. Get a CZ 13lb or if you can find one a 11.5lb mainspring to drop the DA/SA trigger weight. If shooting reloads, tune your recoil spring weight to match. I like the stock grips so I never bothered replacing them.

I'd be shooting carry optics division. And most likely Winchester white box. I unfortunately dont have the time to reload. And good aftermarket springs I should consider? 

If you’re going to shoot with WWB factory ammo, you can use the 11.5# hammer spring. If I were you, I’d go with the CGW 13# hammer spring for reliability in lighting off factory ammo other than Winchester. Buy CGWs recoil spring tuning pack which consist of a variety of springs consisting of 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14#.

In my shadow 2, I installed the following; 11.5# hammer spring, extended firing pin, reduced power firing pin spring, reduced powered trigger return spring, 10# recoil spring, LOK palm swell grips, old style 85C trigger, solid trigger pin and polished the internals. DA is at 5# 8.7 ozs, SA is 2# 3.5 ozs. 

I shoot my reloads consisting of 124 Gr FMJ with 4.1 Gr Winchester 231.

I also installed the 11.5# hammer spring (use Federal or Winchester primers), reduced power trigger return spring, solid trigger pin, extended firing pin with reduced power spring, and 11# recoil spring (may be able to go to 10#).  I didn't require any polishing and still had a very smooth and crisp trigger.  You may get lucky too.