Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally got my czechmate

AngeloConde

It all depends on you. I have smaller hands, so I have a Shadow 2 extended safety on the left side and a CZ Custom extended safety on the right . I dont use the CZ custom extended safety on the left side as I found too often where I had accidentally engaged the safety when not intended, The CZ extended safety does not do that. I also have a straight trigger, but that is not a necessity, just a preference. I also have a CZ Custom multi mount as I dont like the slide ride so I have an RTS2 on mine. Brighter dot, and drops about 3 oz off the guns weight.

Edited by abb1

Agree it depends on you and what you are going to do with it.  If you plan on shooting matches (USPSA) and run it in open configuration with the compensator attached then... You will most likely want to get some extended mag base pads and new mag springs so you can load more rounds. Also suggest you get a few different recoil springs for it.  I run 9# springs in my two Czechmates. The weight you end up with will depend on load you develop for it (assuming you are going to reload and load for major power factor). Also agree on the extended safety for left hand side of gun.  Found that factory safety inadvertently engaged when shooting based on how my hands gripped gun.  Might also want to consider a larger thumb rest as the factory one is very small and does not work well if you have larger hands.  

On 4/15/2018 at 10:25 PM, abb1 said:

It all depends on you. I have smaller hands, so I have a Shadow 2 extended safety on the left side and a CZ Custom extended safety on the left. I dont use the CZ custom extended safety on the left side as I found too often where I had accidentally engaged the safety when not intended, The CZ extended safety does not do that. I also have a straight trigger, but that is not a necessity, just a preference. I also have a CZ Custom multi mount as I dont like the slide ride so I have an RTS2 on mine. Brighter dot, and drops about 3 oz off the guns weight.

Yea I saw that I kept bumping the safety with my right hand. Im going to be running uspsa open. I have the mag extensions. I'm thinking of switching to the delta point to shed some weight of  

10 hours ago, Malibu13 said:

Agree it depends on you and what you are going to do with it.  If you plan on shooting matches (USPSA) and run it in open configuration with the compensator attached then... You will most likely want to get some extended mag base pads and new mag springs so you can load more rounds. Also suggest you get a few different recoil springs for it.  I run 9# springs in my two Czechmates. The weight you end up with will depend on load you develop for it (assuming you are going to reload and load for major power factor). Also agree on the extended safety for left hand side of gun.  Found that factory safety inadvertently engaged when shooting based on how my hands gripped gun.  Might also want to consider a larger thumb rest as the factory one is very small and does not work well if you have larger hands.  

I've got the mag extensions. Recoil springs I do not have I'm going to be running the teklead ammo from modern defense as I do not reload. I have small hands my cm came with the large thumb test. As far as pins and springs what back ups do you keep when running open I dont want to be hours away and be screwed if something broke

3 hours ago, AngeloConde said:

As far as pins and springs what back ups do you keep when running open I dont want to be hours away and be screwed if something broke

I don’t keep any pins or springs for backup for the CM. The only thing that I would recommend is to have a spare slide stop with you as although mine has never broke, they have been known to. My CM has over 12K rds through it and still functions flawlessly without any pins or springs that ever broke. 

5 hours ago, abb1 said:

I don’t keep any pins or springs for backup for the CM. The only thing that I would recommend is to have a spare slide stop with you as although mine has never broke, they have been known to. My CM has over 12K rds through it and still functions flawlessly without any pins or springs that ever broke. 

Gotchya gotchya yea I'll have to get more it came with 3. I wonder if there's any that are harder than the stock ones

I keep a spare recoil spring and slide stop in my range bag just in case.  Have only had 1 break, and that was after 2+ years and 10K+ rounds through the gun.  Have not had another break in either of my guns since, but better safe than sorry.  Aside from that I do not keep additional springs / pins etc. with me for matches. I would suggest that you do Loctite down the site mount, thumb rest mount, scope mount once you install them.  If you don't you will find they will come loose at the most in opportune time (while shooting a stage).

Heres what I settled on:

Czc basepads with czc springs/followers

Armory craft trigger

DPP 

Czc multioptic mount

Czc extended safety left side

Sidewinder racker

Advanced ratio *thumb rest [generic]* (new version for more position options)

Czc large magwell

Henning Grips

I bring the same things to matches as Malibu13.  Also agree to be generous with the loctite.

6 hours ago, Tc2415 said:

Heres what I settled on:

Armory craft trigger

DPP 

Czc multioptic mount

Sidewinder racker

Czc large magwell

Henning Grips

I bring the same things to matches as Malibu13.  Also agree to be generous with the loctite.

Awesome so far I have the 

Czc pads and followers 

Cheely 90 mount 

Shadow 2 safety 

Custom thumbrest

Currently saving funds to get the dpp and the mount I bout the cm used so it's been tinkered with already. Felt my friends who has a dpp and his is lighter than mine I assume it's due to the sight 

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2018 at 9:09 PM, Tc2415 said:

Heres what I settled on:

Armory craft trigger

DPP 

Czc multioptic mount

Sidewinder racker

Czc large magwell

Henning Grips

Armory Craft trigger...AKA CZUB importer.