Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS/TSO size

Dbw2223

So I've heard about the TS/TSO being chunky being a glock shooter I'm kind of used to that. Hopefully I'll get to fondle one Tuesday but just out of curiosity does the bulk make it harder to reach the controls? I don't have lady hands but they are semi short and I have to use an extended mag release on my glock to keep from changing my grip for a reload.

While they are both based off the same frame design, the tactical sport and tactical sport orange have different grip contours. The backstrap area on the TSO is contoured more, which creates a 'smaller' grip diameter where the web of your thumb contacts the upper portion of the grip.  This effectively shortens the 'reach' to the trigger and safety. 

You may not be able to see this difference visually, however it is very noticeable when gripping both pistols side-by-side.  The TS has a larger grip, which could make reaching the controls difficult if you have short fingers or generally small hands.  Adding thin metal grips help with this a bit.  Best to try both to see which fits your hands better.

Edited by muncie21

7 hours ago, muncie21 said:

While they are both based off the same frame design, the tactical sport and tactical sport orange have different grip contours. The backstrap area on the TSO is contoured more, which creates a 'smaller' grip diameter where the web of your thumb contacts the upper portion of the grip.  This effectively shortens the 'reach' to the trigger and safety. 

You may not be able to see this difference visually, however it is very noticeable when gripping both pistols side-by-side.  The TS has a larger grip, which could make reaching the controls difficult if you have short fingers or generally small hands.  Adding thin metal grips help with this a bit.  Best to try both to see which fits your hands better.

That's good to hear, I'm wanting the TSO anyway. I'm going Tuesday to look I know the dealer I'm going to has a TS and he "thinks" he has a TSO.

3 hours ago, Dbw2223 said:

That's good to hear, I'm wanting the TSO anyway. I'm going Tuesday to look I know the dealer I'm going to has a TS and he "thinks" he has a TSO.

The fine (vs. coarse) checking on the grip and drilled/tapped holes on the left side of the frame (for the thumb rest) is a dead give-away it is a TSO :) 

Of course these could be duplicated on a TS, but if they are not there it is a pretty good (99.9%, nothing is guaranteed in this life) sign that the pistol is not an orange.