Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G19 Accuracy Question

DrKyle1

I did a search and didn't find exactly what I was looking for so here goes...

I am doing some load developements for my g/f's G19 and I am having a problem getting groups at 25yds even with factory loads. I am not new to glocks - I shoot a G35 expert-IDPA. All of my rounds are hitting 6" to the left and in a linear group (6") - vertically. This is off of bench w/sandbags. Another expert-IDPA shooter also shot to the left. We had to drift the rear sight quite far - almost to where the right edge of the rear sight was inline with the right edge of the slide! It then shot in a linear group (6") in the center of the target. I have a good understanding of breathing and shooting so it was not that. What kind of accuracy should I expect w/G19? I am plugging 2"groups or less w/myG35 at same distance. Any suggestions?

It maybe that you're not used to the heavier trigger pull on the G19 and it's serrated trigger. Or you need to try different loads.

I always swap out the trigger bars on my compact and subcompact Glocks and use their bigger Glocks trigger bars G17s and G20s that have no serrations. I always swap out the connectors as well to either Scherer or Ghost 3.5lb connectors as well as change out the stock sights which I find to be horrible.

How new is the G19?

Mine was really squirrely for the first 500-1000 rounds or so. Then it settled down into a good shooter. I have no clue what happened to change things, but everything's fine now.

I also had the urge to move the sight all the way to the right. That turned out to be a me problem.

The gun is about 6 months old - Xmas present for the g/f. She has shot a few thousand through it doing IDPA & IPSC over the last several months. It shoots to the left for her as well. I have done the .02$ trigger job w/3.5 connector and it is smooth, crisp and right at 3lbs. Next chance I get I will try to print it at 5&10yds and go from there. I appreciate the suggestions so far.