Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for some intel.  RM3G is about a month away.  Gonna see what the hubub is about.

Looking at the FAQ's its says that the rifle stages "ranges from a few yards to around 300 yards."

Should I bring an upper that's geared for fast and so-so difficult long shots? ... a 16", carbon fiber HG with an Accupoint that's hella light. 

Or should I bring an upper that's geared towards more difficult and less fast action stages? ... a 20" with an aluminum HG with an IOR that's heavy as all.

Do the stages tend to let you brace up? (+light)

Or do they have somewhat crazy stuff and make you do 100+ yards standing? (+heavy)

Are the targets easy to see? (OK IOR)

Are the targets in the shade and in a darker setting? (not OK IOR)

Is the longest shot really only 300 yards?  Or are they fibbing?

For two years now RM3G has been great. The RO's have all worked hard and put on a good match.

A special thanks to the Miller brothers, and we will miss you this year. I hope you will be shooting the match !

This will be my third year shooting this match. The weather will be tricky this year, as our monsoon season is just arriving. Some mornings will bring cool weather. Last year we shot stages in the rain, mud, and fog at times.

About rifle targets across valleys and downhill, I checked zero upon arrival and had no problem with the 330 approx yard targets.

My AR15, 20", acog, 62 gr federal was shooting pretty flat out to 300. It is zerod at 100 yds, I never had to hold over steels to get the hit.

The terrain can be rough and the stages are always fun. The Whittington Center is truly a world class shooting facility.

Yes Keith...you are so good with that 629 I would use it....if ONLY to show all us that you are THE He Man of the division

Now you want me to shoot a .44 mag 629 instead of my 625 with those puny .45 bullets? :blink:

I'm beginning to think that you have alternative motives in all of the free advice your're giving me. <_<

I picked up my DPMS .308 Friday at the Tri-gun, since I had nothing better to do than stand around and watch everyone else shoot. :( If I get a chance to wring it out before we leave, I just may shoot that instead of the M1A.