Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leupold VX-6HD 1-6X24 Fire Dot G BDC -Opinions?

cbmax

Hi,

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this exact scope? It appears to have been released in 2017 as a replacement to the VX-6.  This scope is the VX-6HD.  Street price is in the area of $1,300.  The center dot is green and has hash marks similar to the Swarovski Z6i.  If so, how would you rate the reticle?  Is the dot now truly daylight visible?  Is the scope durable? Overall impressions?

The Leupold product # is 171556.

On paper it looks good, due to it's weight, price point and features.  

Thanks,

CB

I shot this scope for a season. The dot was visible in most conditions. The bdc was on out to 500 yards with 77s at 2730fps. Glass was very clear. I had two issues. The battery compartment had to be adjusted to keep contact with the battery or the dot would go out during recoil. Leupold fixed it in a couple weeks. The other issue is the reticle is a little thick at distance for smallish targets. Good value, I liked the 50 yard increments (300, 350, 400, 450, 500, and 600). Last year I wound up going to a Burris 1-8 XTRII with illuminated BDC. The extra 2X helps my eyes a on the longer targets and the reticule is slightly thinner. Plus it is almost Aimpoint bright in the sun.  I got mine for under $1000.