Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anti-fog solution for lenses?

The high temps can be brutal but there is usually enough differential between open sun and shade to provide some relief. Humidity, on the other hand, is inescapable. The match I shot in this past weekend had temps of 72-89 with humidity of 52-93%. That caused an enormous amount of difficulty in trying to keep my safety glasses clear and dry.

Has anyone discovered an anti-fog solution that really works on polycarbonate lenses?

Edit/addition

I did the search here after I asked the question (duh!). Some possibilities are:

CatCrap

Fog Tech

Scott Anti-fog

David C

Edited by geezer-lock

USe the stuff that divers use on their face masks. Drop on each lenses on both sides rub in let dry then buff out. Will last long enough for one match. One bottle will last forever.

USe the stuff that divers use on their face masks. Drop on each lenses on both sides rub in let dry then buff out. Will last long enough for one match. One bottle will last forever.

I use spit with pretty good results in my dive mask! :D

There are products that they sell such as Sea Drops and 500 PSI Mask Defog. I have also used 50%/50% H2O/baby shampoo with pretty good results. But mostly, I spit.... :P

I recommended cat crap in the first thread and I'll re-recommend it here. One small tub of it fits easily in any shooting bag or tool kit and will last forever. When you order some, order extra since you're paying shipping anyway and your shooting buddies will thank you for your generosity.