Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
R112mercer

Rudolf "Rudy" Waldinger

Per his brother's post on Facebook longtime revolver competitor, firearm's instructor, cowboy, and all around gentleman Rudolf Waldinger passed away earlier today.  I had the honor and pleasure of shooting with Rudy in the early 2000's.  He was a kind, humble, and polite shooter who could really burn a stage down.  Rudy lived the American dream, immigrating from Austria to the US to fulfill his dream of living in the Southwest.  Rudy was a veteran of the Austrian military and was very highly trained in weapons and tactics.  Upon arrival in the US Rudy initially worked as a Foreign National in service of the US State Dept. and later went on to found and run his own training corporation.  Till Valhalla Rudy, we'll shoot together some day...

Me & Rudy.jpg

I attended Rudy's funeral last February.  His death is a great loss for those of us in Northern Nevada who are serious about learning to be better marksmen.  Rudy is missed!

So sorry to hear of Rudy's passing. He was a hell of a shot and a fabulous instructor. I had the privilege to take a couple of his 3 day classes at the Sun Mountain Gun Club in Coarsegold Ca. Rudy was a true gentleman and will be missed much by the entire shooting community.