Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Circle Mikes

kevin c

We had an interesting little mini stage today - just two rapid turners that disappeared, each activated by poppers pushed down by hand as the shooter stepped into the shooting position. One of the two turners had a second presentation before retiring from the scene. A lot of new shooters zero'ed the stage.

I got my four hits on the first turn of each target, but thought I missed one shot on the double turner. I put on another hit on the second turn, thereby adding three quarters of a second to my time, which just killed my hit factor.

But even if I really had missed, it would have been a circle mike, and I would have been better off just taking the three penalty free hits I already had in much less time.

Some things, it pays to think out ahead of time... :wacko:

That stage was evil! My draw is still so slow and I managed to miss both targets and whatever "circle mike" I need to bring him back home. It was almost miracle I didn't throw my gun down range with my intention to draw faster than I can!

who this "cirlce mike" guy anyway? :D

Kevin - It's hard to stop yourself isn't it?

You want to see evil? You should have seen them when it was first put up... we lengthend the cable about 10"-12" to slow them down..

I think the key was, you had more time then you think, but the dual movement really caught people off kilter.

You can thank Arnold for those 2...

Ha! I actually gamed it a bit. Most folks pushed both poppers down simultaneously and as hard as they could. I pushed them down more gently, and in a first one, and then the other sequence. The gentle push/slower drop gave me a bit of exta time to get to the shooting box and complete the draw, and the one/two push gave me time to transition between the turners.

Still, I muffed the stage by throwing on that late shot.

Live and learn. :D

Kevin,

At least you were ABLE to get shots on that first target. With my holster issues, as I explained before, it was gone before I even got my gun up. I guess I should do some dry fire before the GBC. Hmm, maybe I really should think about going "open" for that match.. I think I'm signed up for it that way now.

Vince

Kevin - It's hard to stop yourself isn't it?

You want to see evil?  You should have seen them when it was first put up... we lengthend the cable about 10"-12" to slow them down..

I think the key was, you had more time then you think, but the dual movement really caught people off kilter.

You can thank Arnold for those 2...

Funny, Arnold said it was your fault ;) - it was good though, I threw enough lead down there, but by the time they got there, the targets where gone....

I'll get you next time...

mikey