Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 320 XVTAC shooting low

rider82

I am getting consistant groups that 2 to 2 1/2 inches low at 10 yards.  I have shot Winchester 115, as well as 115 and 124 reloads.  This gun is very accurate,

just can't get near point of aim.  i have read somewhere tha Sig set's up the sights so the "dot" is point of aim.  I want to shoot point of aim, or close to it, just as if the sights were all black. 

I checked the sig site, it notes that the 320 VTAC sights are number 6 front, 8 rear.  So my question is would the number 8 front from VTAC fix the problem?  I belive the differnce is only 

.010 between the two heights.  

A lot of folks are having this issue, yet when sent back to sig, the test shootera there eat up the bullseye with them. They must have the hold perfected or something. I switched to Dawsons, but you can always try to get another front.  

Switching from a 6 to 8 on the front, assuming no change to the rear sight, should raise your POI 2" at 25 yds.  So that would only make it ~0.8" at 10 yds.

Sigsightcombinationchart.JPG

Edited by JAFO

Thanks for the response, I think I read somewhere that Sig "uses" the actual dot as the aiming point, as opposed to centering the sights(equal height equal light).  I can't understand how

anybody would want to use the actual dot itself in normal light, you are literally covering the target, how can you shoot what you cant see? 

They are designed to line up the dots (or the tops of the sights) and aim with the dot over the target.  Sigs are designed as combat pistols and so the sights are combat sights, not target sights.  The dot doesn't cover more than 1 MOB ("minute-of-badguy") at common pistol distances.