Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification Percentages

Clay1

This is one of those things that I was just wondering about. Is it published anywhere what the total percentage of shooters are in which classifications?

I'll insert foot in mouth and this is just a guess but here is my perception and I wanted to see what the facts are:

GM: 2%

Master: 4%

A: 17%

B: 27%

C: 42%

D: 8%

I know that it will be different for each Division - Production vs. Limited etc, but would like an overall or broken down into divisions.

Rick

Ran the numbers for production and they look like this:

GM 1%

M 3%

A 8%

B 18%

C 44%

D 26%

I only took those that have attained a classification. If you include unclassified you really skew the results.

I see that 70% covers the C and D classification and if put B in there you get 88% of classified shooters. Really puts some perspective on those that attain an A classification or above doesn't it?

Rick

It's informative to stick the numbers into Excel and graph the distributions. Last time I did that, there was a noticeable difference between the Limited and Open distributions-- Open had a much more rounded lump.

Monster, is your perception that the number should be larger or smaller?

I was also surprised at how low the numbers were in Production compared to Open and limited.

Just interesting info that isn't neccesarily intuitive.

Rick