Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Polishing Glock Mags

michaels

I’ve got this one mag for a g35 that got stepped on by some 275lb gorilla guy and the mag has gouges in it that are now keeping it from falling free when empty. It wants to fall, but hangs up after about 3/8’s of an inch movement down. It worked fine before it got danced on and I can see 3 big scratches in the plastic. Anybody found a magic compound that smoothes the plastic instead of it getting fuzzy? I’ve tried a small amount of Slick 50 and Johnsons wax, but she still hangs around in the magwell unless there’s about 5 or 6 rounds inside to give it the weight…

thanks

michaels

After you get it sanded hit it with some plexus. It's a glass/plastic cleaner that makes the mags super slick and doesn't attract dirt. You can find it at paintball stores, and motorcross stores.

I use it to clean my mags inside and out, the followers, and inside the mag well.

I'd scrape the gouges out with a special Xacto knife U-shaped gouging tool before I resorted to sanding. My experience with sanding glock mags has been universally poor. In my experience, smoothing down the sides of the mags makes them stickier, not slicker. The texture on the mags serves an important purpose in reducing the coefficient of friction between the mag and the grip.

Sand as a last resort, but if you spend $5 in gas and parts, it's $5 better spent on a replacement mag. Especially if you're shooting production, those suckers are $12 all day long these days.

Got an email from a guy who's not a member (?) and he advised to use an automotive polishing compound with a damp rag...tried it and now the mag is so slippery that I almost can't use it...but that worked...

thanks to guy from the netherlands...

What was the automotive product?

Pledge also works well.

Don't remember now, it was in a tube, made by Dupont, had numbers for a name, I think it started with 89 or 86...the body shop guy said it was used for polishing up a paint touchup on any fiberglass car, there are a bunch of different makers for the same compound basically. I polished everything I had that was plastic. It's a red paste, rub on, rub off.....

michaels