Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrel For Benelli S90m1

surfmaster

I have a pre-ban HK Benelli Super 90M1 shotgun with the standard sights. I think I purchased this shotgun in the late 80s or early 90s. I also think the barrel is 18.5" long.

Where can I purchase a replacement barrel that has rifle or ghost ring sights? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Have you checked www.gunbroker.com or www.ebay.com , these two sites have Benelli barrels on regularly. I don't know if there have been any changes to the M1 since yours was produced. I am guessing a newer barrel will fit the older ones? Benny, any input on that. TXAG

I just ditched the ghostrings on my M1S90.

Have a standard Benelli barrel , chrome lined w/ ghost ring sight ( screws onto reciever ), Cyl. bore, slightly offset factory sight. PM me if interested.

I put on a 21" VR barrel and really like it much better.

Travis F.

If you are going to use your M1S90 for 3-Gun, I would suggest getting a vent rib barrel either 21" if you are going to be shooting Limited/Tactical or ~26" if Open and putting a fiber optic on the front sight. That's what I'm using a FO now on my Beven'ized M1S90, a switch from an 18.5" bbl with ghost ring sight. At the SMM3G, I didn't have any problems with the texas star, flying clay pigeons, or slug targets.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. I will get my hands in three-gun shooting next month and I need all the help I can get. In fact, I haven't touched my Benelli M1S90 in over two years.

I have the version that does not have the higher rifle or ghost ring sights mounted on the receiver. My Benelli has the rear rifle-type sight located on the back of the barrel, not receiver. This precludes me from getting a new barrel with either the raised ghost ring or rifle sights. How can I get the higher sights added to my gun?

Anyway, I will look into the 21" VR barrel. One question: I will be using it for Limited/Tactical class. Does this class allow fiber optic front sights or are FO allowed in just open class? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Anyway, I will look into the 21" VR barrel. One question: I will be using it for Limited/Tactical class. Does this class allow fiber optic front sights or are FO allowed in just open class? Thanks in advance for your comments.

A fiber optic sight is considered an iron sight by all of the various 3-Gun sanctioning/rule-making bodies (USPSA, IMG, etc), meaning, you can use it in Limited, Tactical, or Open Division.