Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey guys. Newbie Shadow 2 owner (simple mods)

Flyingpig

Hey guys. Brand new to the forum and also brand new to CZ pistols. Just finished up my first season of USPSA this summer shooting Single Stack and decided for next year I will be moving into production. So recently (about a month ago) I picked up my first CZ..a Shadow 2. So far I have shot (right out of the box) a couple of practice sessions, and one indoor match. I must say I really love the gun so far. However I've decided to install a lighter main spring to get a  lighter DA pull. I've got a CGW #13 and a #11.5 on the way and also lighter pin spring. Depending on which spring I go with will I definitely need to replace the firing pin spring as well? For now I am shooting Blazer 124 gn factory ammo.

Also should I consider any changes to the recoil spring?  And do I need to keep the recoil buffer or can I simply take it out?

All pretty simple answers I think, but like I said I am brand new to CZ and looking for some tips to make my changes a little simpler.

Thanks in advance.

Also what other changes might I consider?

Edited by Flyingpig

The S2 is setup pretty good out of the box.  I'd put some Lok grips on it and call it a day. If you want to tinker, think about installing a 10x barrel bushing from CGW.

BTW, if you don't use/want the wide safety that comes with the S2, shoot me a PM.  I'm looking to pickup another one.