Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glock Holster

BOGA

It depends on what kind of scope mount you are planning on using. If you have a slide mounted dot like a Docter or J-Point/Optima, most of the "race" type holsters should work for you (Ghost, CR, Limcat, Safariland 012, etc). If you have a mount that uses the rails on your frame, you are a bit more limited.

I believe Bobby Carver sells the CR holsters that have been modified to work with his mount. You can find them here.

Carver's CR Speed holster in the link above is the way to go - if you feel that the Carver mount is the way to go.

For a slide-mounted sight, you can use any holster that fits Glock that you wish. I use a Hogue Powerspeed because a friend gave it to me used [free of charge] and it works just fine. I think the CR Speed would be even better but that costs more than *free* so maybe later - I'd buy it from Max Michel's store.

post-354-1120924380_thumb.jpg

As far as speed, a lot of Open/Limited-type holsters are nearly the same - fast. For security, I'd be nervous using the Safariland 012 but no fears using the 007 - an old design which works great and Brian Enos sells them for $65. The size for the G17L/G24 would fit my Open gun perfect. Click: HERE

I like my ghost holster but had to modify it to work with my the scope mount....  I would have bought a premodified crspeed if they were available back when I was holster shopping....

just a few days ago I emailed Shooters Connection (his name just popped out of my head...) about this and his suggestion was going with CR Speed's 1911 holster and taking the shims out until the Glock fit. He felt the rail portion of the holster when ordered as a glock model would not work if you used a barrel with a comp on it, (not long enough) which you probably would since you'd be setting up an open gun if you used a scope mount. I liked the idea of staying with CR Speed since I use their holster for my revolver and this one would also work for those times that I wanted to play in L10. Just add the shims back and it's ready to roll....

but then what do I know, I just came back from playing shoot & hide (IDPA) today...

michaels

I have a 1911 CR speed that I use for the Open G34...I DON'T suggest it. The fat Glock trigger guard doesn't fit right, and the holster barely covers up the trigger area.

The Glock model of CR Speed shuold be just fine. I would tell you for sure, but I just (a few hours ago) cut the end off of the dedicated Glock CR speed that my girlfriend has...