Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tino sent the following email to the local email list:

Hello Fellow Shooters,

We are happy to announce that the date for the VA-MD Section match is confirmed for 8-9 October at Fredericksburg. There will be 8 stages and shot count is TBD. There will be a morning and afternoon time slot on Saturday, and one morning time slot on Sunday. Only ROs will shoot Friday afternoon.

All the Section Match Directors are involved in the planning and preparation of the match. This is a match you will not want to miss.

THE SECTION NEEDS YOUR HELP to make this match a success. We need ROs, as well as anyone who can help out with running the clip board (scoring) and setting props and pasting targets. If you are interested in helping, please respond to BAD320@aol.com.

Stay tuned to the VA-MD Section web page at www.vamdsection.org for details and match application.

Later,

Tino

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fellow Shooters,

The match applications for the VA-MD Section Championship can be found at www.vamdsection.org The match design is complete and this is going to be a great match. We expect the match will fill quickly, so don't delay.

This is going to be a great match and will require a lot of help to make it successful.

• 2 months later...

So, who's going to come to Fredericksburg and shoot? Dave O, Bucky, Dave M, are you guys coming down? We need some more Production shooters. :P

Hope to see you all there. I'll be RO'ing all day Saturday and shooting on Sunday.

Regards,

Todd

Edited by Turtle

Hey Turtle...oh sorry...I mean Ninja Turtle.

I can shoot Production if they don't show! I may need some practice with my duty gear before the Cops vs Cowboys match anyway. Just let me know lil buddy.

Skipper...retired

So, who's going to come to Fredericksburg and shoot? Dave O, Bucky, Dave M, are you guys coming down? We need some more Production shooters.  :P

Hope to see you all there. I'll be RO'ing all day Saturday and shooting on Sunday.

Regards,

Todd

Wow, a chance to go up against TAGO (the almost great one), Awesome! I say lets dance. And I don't want hear anything about me having an equipment advantage or some other such nonsense. I know what you are capable of with your duty stuff. :P

Dave, sorry to hear that you can't make it. I totally understand though.

Regards,

Todd

P.S. Thanks for giving me my ninjaturtle props, Skipper. :D

Edited by Turtle

AAWWWW hell.  It's on now!  I'm gonna cook me some turtle soup tomorrow!  Pasta a la Turtle, Turtle under Glass, Stir-fry Turtle...MAN!  I'm gettin' hungry! 

Laters

Turtle's like the water, and there is plenty of water right now in Fredericksburg.

I shot 1 stage yesterday. I had to call it a day because it was raining so bad. Dam shame, it looked like a great match.

Doug

A Production GM head-to-head between guys who are not only team mates, but who also have to work together come Monday morning! THIS is going to be good. My money is on Phil.

Ooops - almost forgot that Turtle just went SpecOps-SERT/SWAT-double-secret-Tactical/whacktical on us recently. You had better watch out Phil, or Turtle's going to pull out some of that SWAT training on you!

Real question is: who shoots better on a muddy track (course)?

Looking forward to tomorrow.

D.C. Johnson

PS: D. Peters - good to meet you & thanks for making the long trip down to shoot with us. Hope you join us again in the VA/MD Section once the weather improves. D.

Well, it was a great match, even with the mud and mess. I don't think I've shot more than two majors at Fredericksburg where it wasn't raining and muddy. Still, great job by the entire match staff.

On another note, I don't want to beat a Turtle while he's down, but I went there hungry, and left picking turtle gizzard out of my teeth. It's like I was at an old-fashioned Turtle-pickin'! DAMN dude! Sorry man. I wish my little buddy had shot better. He was probably tired from RO'ing all day Saturday...dedicated little fella.

Production is really hard. Why do you people do that to yourselves??!! :lol:

Well, it was a great match, even with the mud and mess.  I don't think I've shot more than two majors at Fredericksburg where it wasn't raining and muddy.  Still, great job by the entire match staff.

Production is really hard.  Why do you people do that to yourselves??!! :lol:

I agree on the soggy major matches at Fredericksburg!

Phil you're still my Production Hero today :) Congrats!

Rebecca

Ouch...well....just ouch. :( I guess it wouldn't have been quite as bad had I not dumped over 75 match points on the last 2 stages of the match. You're the best, I'm the worst. You're smart, I'm stupid. You're handsome, I'm not too attractive....

Great job and much thanks to all the match staff for making the best of the situation. (VERY BAD conditions) Congratulations to all the winners too.

Regards,

Todd

P.S. Boy am I stuffed, that humble pie is really filling.

how muddy was it? well, not only did i have to clean my gun after the match, i had to take apart my glock mags and clean them...for the first time EVER!

i wonder if anyone ever found that mag that a shooter lost in the mud on saturday????

after i got completely soaked and muddy, and stopped worrying about getting completely soaked and muddy, i had a pretty good time...even while shooting miserably.

i got to help RO on stage 2 on saturday afternoon, the first time i've ever ROed outside of a club match. that was fun too. i dont think i heard any complaining about the conditions from any shooters...everyone just did what they had to do get through the stage.

i wish i could have made it down on sunday to see the turtle v. tago match.

Damn Russell, you must have been doing something wrong. I didn't clean a mag all day! :P I guess some of that IDPA stuff has a place in USPSA...especially when you're ankle deep in mud!

Sorry Turtle. Sounds like I'm rubbing it in now! I LOVE YOU, MAN!