Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unknown Bullet

rtr

I bought a used Glock recently, it came with some ammo, reloaded ammo, some of it has a W (or M) in a sort of cursive font on the end of the bullet, they are .40 flat nose, copperish in color (darker than say a montana gold), just curious what brand these are and if they are jacketed or plated or what. Thanks.

Winchester has some of those bullets in some of their factory ammo. I think it's the less-toxic stuff but I'm not sure. Are you sure it's reloaded? If it has a new Winchester case and a silver primer, it might be factory.

It sounds like you may have some frangible bullets in those cases. The only bullets I have ever seen that have a W on the bullet are Sinterfire frangible bullets. They are made of powdered copper and tin that is compressed in a mold and then sintered (baked) to harden the bullet. Because they are made in a “mold” it is easy to put the buyers “mark” on the end of the bullet. If you want to know if they are frangible just pull a bullet out of its case and hit it with a hammer, if it brakes up into powder it is a Sinterfire frangible bullet.