Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Very Happy With Gunsmith!

Genghis

I just got my P14.45 back from Mike Caylor, and I could not be happier with his work. After the rear sight came off and hit me in the face during a match last month, I took it straight to him and asked him to install a new one, along with a fiber front sight and some other stuff. He refinished the entire gun with a black Teflon finish. He melted the rear sight into the slide, so it’s really low profile. His trigger job really smoothed and lightened it up. He stippled the grips, and the gun just looks awesome.

I don’t want to say what he charged me, but I can tell you he really took care of me.

Several times Mike called me with some advice and updates on the progress. He really worked with me to meet my needs, keeping the gun legal for both USPSA Limited and IDPA CDP. He knows the rules because he has shot a lot of USPSA and IDPA. And he only had the gun for a month. He brought it to a match on Sunday, along with guns for several other people, and let me tell you it was like Christmas!

I got the gun right before Sunday’s match, and it’s the only time I’ve been shooting (in the match with my Glock) and wished I was shooting (with the Para). It looks like a brand new gun. The saying “Form follows function” seems to apply here - if the function is beautiful, the form has a beauty all its own. I can’t wait to shoot it.

Mike does all my work and is one of the best I've found. When I first got my new gun from him I put it through a grueling 800 round weekend shooting class. It performed flawlessly.

Mike is getting a great reputation quickly (maybe not quickly enough for him). There are a bunch of shooters in east and north Texas who have had guns built by "big names", - their new guns are being built by Caylor Custom. That says alot to me.

Al

Mike C. does indeed do nice work. Next time I talk to him, maybe I'll mention to him about contacting Brian and getting set up with a forum here. I'm quite sure Mike wouldn't mind a little more business. :)

Mike T.

• 1 month later...