Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Vertical stringing and shooting high

crofrog

I've got a Gen4 G34 that I put warrens on, I started with the .215 sight and was ~6" high at 20yd. Then switched to the .245" sight (had one laying around) that brought the center of the group down so that it was about 3" above POA.

So looking at the dawson calculator I'd need to go up to a ~.270 front sight to zero the gun out poa/poi. The .245 is already rubbing on the top of my safariland ALS holster, so I'm trying to decide if it makes sense to switch to that or get the dawson adjustables. What's everyone's experience with the dawson adjustables are they reliable or am I going to need to zero them regularly?

Second question is, regardless of where the rounds are hitting with the gun both freestyle and rested. It creates groups that are about 4-6" vertically with about 2" of lateral deviation. Any idea's I'm not against getting an aftermarket barrel as long as I can stay in production with it. 

And before people start saying I just don't know how to shoot glocks, with most other glocks I can turn in 4" groups stock and ~2" with after market barrels. 

I have a .265 Dawson F/O  front sight on my Glock 34 Gen4..  It shoot's about 1/2" high at 20 yards which is Perfect..

Get a rat tail file or something to make clearance in your Holster.. I have a BladeTech Black Ice Holster and have plenty of room

and it came that way from Bladetech.

• 8 months later...