Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Grip Module Weight

Ck867

Short answer.... Yes, you can remove it. Takes a little doing...some disassembly.

Yes, you can move it... as long as you move it to another X grip frame.!!.....  The weight is designed to specifically fit the X5 grip frame.  I don't think there would be any way it would fit in any other grip.

Just My Humble Opinion.... Worth price charged...

1 hour ago, hobbit99 said:

Short answer.... Yes, you can remove it. Takes a little doing...some disassembly.

Yes, you can move it... as long as you move it to another X grip frame.!!.....  The weight is designed to specifically fit the X5 grip frame.  I don't think there would be any way it would fit in any other grip.

Just My Humble Opinion.... Worth price charged...

Have you removed it? If so, what was your process?

Well, I started to.... but decided against it because there is enough room in my divisions for the extra weight....and it adds some recoil absorption. But to answer your question...

It comes out the top. You have to remove the FCU (easey peasey..) Then work a punch or maybe a small screwdriver in behind it to wedge it away from the frame. It's sort of wedged in there pretty tightly with some sort of soft plastic or rubber to keep it from working loose on its own. I had mine pretty loose, but changed my mind so I just tapped it back in place. In any event, once you loosen it up enough you pull or push it out the top. I started to use a piece of hardwood dowel to tap on it from the bottom, but then stopped.... for the above mentioned reasons. You could also probably pull it out from the top with a hook of some sort or maybe a pair of needle nose..??  Be sure to not damage the "rubber" (or whatever it is..). You'll need it to replace the weight no matter what frame you put it in...

• 1 month later...

Presumably, when Sig eventually ships X5 grip modules, they won't come with grip weights, so being able to remove it and transfer it to another grip would be necessary.  But since they aren't making new grips in different sizes available (yet), I don't see any reason to remove it.  The standard P320 grips won't accept these weights, as far as I know.

Edited by CHLChris

• 6 months later...

Tried to resist reviving this thread but someone might need the answer. I happened to see a guy pull one out a few days ago. He grabbed it with needle nose pliers and pulled it out the top. It looked like it required some effort. 

That weight is interesting. Is it tungsten or something else? Anyone know how much it weighs??

Removed mine to see if it would work in a standard 320 module. Came out pretty easily by removing trigger unit and tapping a small flat head screwdriver intonthe crease at the bottom (magwell opening.) It just slides into a slot which more than 50% enclosed if that makes sense. The standard 320 has a slot there aswell but its open (<50% enclosed) so it wont stay in place. It would only take a very slight change in design to make it interchangable between grips. Given advertised modularity I dont see why they didnt make it that way to begin with. Kinda like the magazines that weren't cross compatible till they modified the design. Least well thought out, well thought out design decisions I’ve seen.