Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 mag drop not dropping magazines

ArrDave

It’s like a 1 in 25 occurrence but with MG16 and OEM 17 the mag drop won’t let go, I can feel it making contact in the gun on the magazines- where do I need to polish to make this issue go away?

EDIT: it’s a much more regular occurrence than I thought, when the gun is straight up and down it’s not an issue as much- like square range stuff- in dryfire just now with the gun on an angle it’s more common than not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this problem, too. Magazines bind on the first/last 10% (depending on if inserting or dropping the mag). This occurs with OEM and MecGar mags.

We did a little grinding on the internal catch but that wasn't the problem. It would seem that the spring tension is the issue.

For now, I simply keep the mag button depressed just a second longer. That seems to allow enough time for the mag to drop cleanly.

I'd very much like to hear what other solutions there are.

The wrist flick method, in my opion, is not a solution (or a good technique )! No way it's as fast or consistent as not doing it. 

OP, the S1's require (at least for me) the mag release spring to be taken out and for one leg to be bent/curled in towards the other. This prevents the mag button from being pushed all the way in which would pin the magazine up against the mag release/frame. 

Are you sure that's not happening here?  IIRC the S2 has a little tab on the mag realease where each leg of the mag release spring sits on opposite sides. It essentually prevents the mag release button from being pushed too far in as well. 

Edited by B_RAD

38 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

The wrist flick method, in my opion, is not a solution (or a good technique )! No way it's as fast or consistent as not doing it. 

OP, the S1's require (at least for me) the mag release spring to be taken out and for one leg to be bent/curled in towards the other. This prevents the mag button from being pushed all the way in which would pin the magazine up against the mag release/frame. 

Are you sure that's not happening here?  IIRC the S2 has a little tab on the mag realease where each leg of the mag release spring sits on opposite sides. It essentually prevents the mag release button from being pushed too far in as well. 

No - it feels like the mag catch isn't clearing the magazine and getting caught right on the edge. 

Then I took it to the range at lunch for some practice and it dropped every magazine (16, 17, and 18 rounders) 100% - that absolutely wasn't the case this AM.