Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Toni system grips

kujo929

Has anyone used Toni system grips and been able to compare them to patriot defense grips. Been using the PD grips since they came out and like the shape of them but wearing them out and want to go aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a couple sets of Toni system grips to compare. They are quite a bit thinner than PD grips but still have a good palm swell.

I can reach the safety without shifting grip. However the grips don’t have anywhere near the texture grip of the PD. I’m going to run them for awhile and see.

The PD grips could probably be modified easily for a thumb groove also since it is really only the thickness where the thumb wraps around that prevents me from getting enough pressure on the mag release. But with the Toni grips I don’t lose contact with left hand palm and can still reach. I will experiment with it and see.

cd11d55ca442aa90c19b6a718c7f368a.jpg9e6170eef42d1e49a665dbfe73c112ee.jpgce15e40f4f1d1b40fe62a1d8ebfc9616.jpg

I’m not familiar at all with the Toni grips you are referring to. I run the PD grips and haven’t had any issues with them “wearing out” so far. I’ve had a set on my gun since before they got released for sale. They are supposed to be releasing an aluminum version too so keep an eye out for those.

I’m not familiar at all with the Toni grips you are referring to. I run the PD grips and haven’t had any issues with them “wearing out” so far. I’ve had a set on my gun since before they got released for sale. They are supposed to be releasing an aluminum version too so keep an eye out for those.

Wearing out probably isn’t the right term. More getting a lot of polymer splinters in my hands. I ordered mine in the initial batch that went out. I’ve used them very hard. No complaints.

The Toni grips take a lot of fitting on a large frame Tanfo.
I love the PD grips, but I'm still using a Toni on the weak hand side.
I can hit the mag release without moving my grip but not as consistently as with the Toni.
Looking at the above pic, I don't have nearly the amount of grip space available for my weak hand palm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Toni grips take a lot of fitting on a large frame Tanfo.
I love the PD grips, but I'm still using a Toni on the weak hand side.
I can hit the mag release without moving my grip but not as consistently as with the Toni.
Looking at the above pic, I don't have nearly the amount of grip space available for my weak hand palm.

I didn’t fit my toni grips at all. Just screwed them on.

This is how mine "fit" before some severe hacking.
356544f0c25abb5ba16b78995fc96103.jpg2292de40c4b21bc479909ac2903fdba6.jpg

Too far back, and too far into magwell (mags stuck).

Gotta love tanfo’s. They are all unique. [emoji3]

Large frame Tanfo? Mine were not even close.

Yes. Large frame. As you can see in pics mine aren’t perfect but good enough to use.

Yes. Large frame. As you can see in pics mine aren’t perfect but good enough to use.

Here's mine with PD grips
Love these grips.

My stock 2 is Small Frame8a6791dbac11de0fd8a679d3e60079b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
On 9/30/2017 at 7:33 AM, kujo929 said:

Has anyone used Toni system grips and been able to compare them to patriot defense grips. Been using the PD grips since they came out and like the shape of them but wearing them out and want to go aluminum.

Hello - can you please tell me where you were able to purchase these Toni System grips from? International? thanks in advance!