Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pyramid flat faced trigger

sheepdog566

I had a Pyramid in my G35 and really liked it. Best trigger I ever had on a Glock.  Only word of caution: On mine, if I prepped a trigger press to through the first stage (but didn't break the shot), when I released my finger, the trigger safety lever stayed depressed into the main trigger body, and I was able to then fire the gun by only touching the very edge of the trigger, without disengaging the safety lever.  I was able to restore it to 95% function by a thorough cleaning, but the problem still occasionally occurred.  Seeing as the gun was for competition only, I was fine with that.  However, Glockstore offered to send me a new trigger, no questions asked. I eventually wound up selling the gun (with full disclosure to the buyer) before getting around to sending the trigger in for replacement.

I mention all of this only to offer a word of caution that it's something to monitor as your round count starts climbing. But I have not seen or heard of any similar malfunctions, and Glockstore stood behind their product 100%, so I would buy another without hesitation. I have a Zev trigger in my G17 and it is definitely not as light or crisp.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XRPSP00357   Have been using this for awhile now. Bought it back when royal arms marketed it. With a lone wolf trigger kit, produces about 1/4" total travel with a 3-3 1/2lb break. All safeties still work. Not a crisp break but so short I do not care. Really like the flat face and enjoy not having all of the pretravel of a stock trigger

get the  zen with the  comp  spring kit and  the  V4 connector. then, you can rework the trigger  unit.  ask  me  how  i  know, i  have  2.1 lbs  trigger  break  on  my G17  and  2.6  on my  G35.  none  of  them  have  a  rolling break.glass  break   is  the  best  way to  describe  the trigger  feel.

On 9/15/2017 at 4:23 PM, sigsauerfan said:

get the  zen with the  comp  spring kit and  the  V4 connector. then, you can rework the trigger  unit.  ask  me  how  i  know, i  have  2.1 lbs  trigger  break  on  my G17  and  2.6  on my  G35.  none  of  them  have  a  rolling break.glass  break   is  the  best  way to  describe  the trigger  feel.

OK...how

2 hours ago, sheepdog566 said:

OK...how

the  trigger  bar cruciform, the  connector  edge  where the  trigger  bar  tab  slip when you pull the trigger, the  trigger bar dot  rubbing  on the  safety plunger pin,the  striker  leg, thje  safety plunger...all these  parts  can be  worked-polished-reshaped  slightly..... remember  it's  more  about    removing   microns  of  material, not  removing  metal ....

do  your  search, you'll eventually  find  what you have  to  do....i  found the  zev  offers  some  room for  improvement. they  deliver  a  very  good  trigger  feel, and  the  bonus  is   there's  some  '''meat''' around  their parts  you can rework to  extract  the  maximum  of the  trigger  assembly.