Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safety issue on Gold Custom

aandabooks

Tested with stock components to verify function then tore down to install Bolo and Titan hammer.  Found that I am now unable to engage the safety at full cock.  The left leg of the sear is being pushed down too far and won't allow the block on the safety to go under.  

My theory is that I appear to have a Gen 1 trigger bar and with the Bolo it is pushing up too far on the bottom of the sear and not allowing clearence.  I started removing material from the Bolo and still can't get the safety on.  I've gone about as far as I can with the Bolo.  I don't want to remove material from the safety block as that can easily go too far and leave the safety useless.

Is my next move to file the sear arm?  It is a 1 piece sear.

11 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Tested with stock components to verify function then tore down to install Bolo and Titan hammer.  Found that I am now unable to engage the safety at full cock.  The left leg of the sear is being pushed down too far and won't allow the block on the safety to go under.  

My theory is that I appear to have a Gen 1 trigger bar and with the Bolo it is pushing up too far on the bottom of the sear and not allowing clearence.  I started removing material from the Bolo and still can't get the safety on.  I've gone about as far as I can with the Bolo.  I don't want to remove material from the safety block as that can easily go too far and leave the safety useless.

Is my next move to file the sear arm?  It is a 1 piece sear.

You were supposed to fit the SAFETY. 

Time for a new bolo.

1 hour ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

You were supposed to fit the SAFETY. 

Time for a new bolo.

I wayched the video on the PD website where they show the Gen 1 trigger bar and measuring and removing .020" from the inside radius of the BOLO.  I took a little more than .020" but not significantly more.  I shot the gun this morning to chrono some rounds and it ran fine.

I'll start in on the safety tonight.  I had this same basic issue when doing my Lim Pro but that is a DA/SA trigger so I wasn't sure if the SA trigger needed a different modification.

Adding the TITAN hammer changed the relationship between sear and safety.  Please read up on how to fit the TITAN hammer, there are many great  instructionals and I think our good buddy @MemphisMechanic has one with pictures and all.

Sadly, I agree  @SoCalShooter69 is correct, you "adjusted" the bolo and it now will probably need replacement.  Try it and see, you might be lucky. 

4 hours ago, aandabooks said:

I wayched the video on the PD website where they show the Gen 1 trigger bar and measuring and removing .020" from the inside radius of the BOLO.  I took a little more than .020" but not significantly more.  I shot the gun this morning to chrono some rounds and it ran fine.

I'll start in on the safety tonight.  I had this same basic issue when doing my Lim Pro but that is a DA/SA trigger so I wasn't sure if the SA trigger needed a different modification.

You only need to mod the bolo with the GEN 2 trigger bar. 

Either way, you would have had to fit the safety no matter what trigger bar you have.