Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Sights

IndyLoader

I believe that Sig usually has #8 and #8  front and rear sight numbers for 9mm and 357sig pistols. However,  both my M11-A1 and 225-A1 have the #6 and #8 configuration. Anyone know why? I was looking to get some Trijicon HDs, but for that kind of money, I want the best choice for the gun. I'm guessing at yardage under 25 yards or so, it won't make much difference.

I can't answer your question as to why they put the .170 tall fronts (#6) on those two guns in particular.  But the solution is to print the pistols at 20 or 25 yards and correct with the appropriate height adjustments from there.  In general a .01 front sight change will result in approximately a 2" change at 25 yards on those guns.  Once you figure out what front/rear offset you need, you can start looking at what various vendors offer.  

I use Dawsons b/c they offer virtually any combination you might want.  And if they don't make it, they'll custom built it quickly and pretty inexpensively.  Greatly simplifies the process, IME.      

Some 9mm guns don't shoot well with 8/8 from the factory, so they put 6/8 on them.  It can vary between guns, and there's no guarantee that another 225 or M11 that you pick up would have a 6/8 combo on it.  As taadksi suggested, bench the gun and shoot it for accuracy at 25 yards with your ammo.  If you like where they are shooting with the 6/8 combo, then order the HDs in that configuration.

35 minutes ago, Rolex said:

I have a 205T 90W from Dawson to correct the 3" low hits with the factory set up-

A .205 tall front with the stock Dawson rear (which is .225 tall) would raise your POI about that much. Guessing that's what you meant?