Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello. How are y'all.

Panman65

Thanks. That basically depends on the mood I'm in when I go out to my shooting spot. Lately it's been all about long range, but since everything eventually turns into a science project. As in working up different loads, trigger weights, breathing, etc etc. How bout you?

I'm a big fan of the Remington 700 platform. I've built 2 from scratch in .300 win mag. Took out a nice 10pt last season at 438 yrds. It was all so awesome! Having the time to range it out, double check wind value and settle in for it. The part that wasn't so awesome was going to fetch it! Why don't they just try to help out a run towards the truck?????? In 30yrs only 4 have ran towards my truck..... I've also got a couple of tackers on an AR platform. That's why it's so weird for me to be havin issues with something I know has to be simple??????

Only with a small nucleus of friends that I shoot with. I'm vetted with our local 3%er's, and militia but I prefer to stay low key, cocked n locked when needed. I've built the majority of the rifles and pistols for the guys I shoot with. Bolt actions and AR's. As they would put it, I'm "The Guy" to call to fix most everything. Lol. It's not that I know everything, just brave enough to take anything apart and see what's under the hood. I'm also one of the oldest and it shows. It ain't the age, it's the mileage. I/we've  got custody of 2 toddlers (stepdaughters kids) so I've got the watch most of the time. I'm a stay at home Granpa. So I don't get out to shoot as often as I'd like. Rite now I'm tinkering with a 223 Wylde I've put together from misc spare parts. But instead of using a carbine 6 position buffer, tube and spring, I opted for an old A2 stock for a nostalgic look. The length of pull and feel is perfect for me, but with the heavier buffer (it came out of a .308) and it doesn't want to cycle. I just put it on the scale and it weighs 5.4 ozs compared to a carbine buffer at 2.9 ozs. I pulled out half the weights down to 2.8 ozs, but I've still got the longer and heavier spring in it. I'm not sure if it'll cycle yet, and debating if I should use the lighter spring? What say you???????

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, StuckinMS said:

Welcome to the forum!  I am not smart enough to answer that question but you should post it under the gunsmithing section.  I am sure you will get lots of input then.

Im new here, and still figuring out the navigating details. Anyway, my answer was stareing me rite in the face. I just needed to talk out loud about it. All I needed was an A2 buffer and spring for a 5.56, instead of the one I had on the shelf for a .308. It's fixed now and running just fine. Thanks

Welcome to the forum! Since you are new, I'd like to point out the forum guidelines. 

Intent
This Forum is for firearm, technique, and conceptual discussions pertaining to training and competition. (And various unrelated topics.) While the occasional defensive shooting post is not prohibited, in general, defensive shooting discussions or debates are discouraged. And please, no hunting or "killing animals" (of any kind) threads.

The entire forum guidelines can be found here...

http://forums.brianenos.com/guidelines/