Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I went to the MGM ironman 3-gun in Idaho and I thought Mike Gibson did a great job. I shot almost 800 rds. and had a great time. I am just wondering how it comares to other 3-gun competions. I.E whats your opions?

I also went to the MGM "Ironman" 3Gun. I had the best time I have ever had at a match. If I could only go to one match next year, this would be it.

On average, I spent as much time shooting any single "Ironman" stage as I did shooting all 12 stages at the 3Gun Nationals.

Slugs at 100 yards! Rifle shots out to 600 yards! Pistol shots at 75 yards! Lotsa reactive targets. It ain't IPSC, it's actually fun!

I expended about 1150 rounds total. Most folks were shooting about 140-150 rounds per stage. Equipment reliability &  ammo load bearing systems were the most important factors in making it through this match. For once, it was nice to see more DNF's than DQ's at a match.

IMHO, if you like 3Gunning, then this is by far the best 3Gun match there is.

Geoffrey Linder, TY11141

(Edited by George at 7:58 pm on July 6, 2002)

By the way, since I was unable to get time off to attend the Superstition Mountain 3Gun this year, I can not in all fairness say that it is not the best 3Gun match going. I will rectify this grievous mistake next year.

One thing I am sure of is that the 3Gun Nationals have not been the best "bang for yer buck" lately. It is great to see 200+ folks at the 3Gun Nationals, but I have been quite disappointed with the stage content. Since it is the "Nationals", I will return.

The Area 1 3Gun was a really good match in my book. Great stages with some actual rifle shooting available on a couple of them. The overall cost (travel & lodging included) was pretty reasonable & the hospitality in the Bend area was second to none. This is also one that I will definitely go back to next year.

Regards,

Geoffrey Linder, TY11141

I went also to the MGM 4 gun(bonus rifle) It was a fantastic match, RO's were great and hats off to Mike Gibson.  A special thanks to Mark and his wife also.   I would only say the Superstition is better because the prize table.  The amount of prizes and guns on the table in the past few years was phenominal.  I will be back to Idaho next year, it was a blast.