Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Phantom disassembly/reassembly video??

JGus

I have Googled the heck out of it, and cannot find a video that shows how to disassemble, reassemble a CZ Phantom, particularly the installment of the sear cage.  I have a CZ Phantom and want to upgrade to some CGW parts but first want to make sure of what I'm doing.

Is the sear cage held in just by the decocking lever?

I have a CZ SP01Tactical, and have detail stripped it an put it back together, but the way the sear cage is held in place on the Phantom looks to be different than on the SP01 Tactical.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, JGus said:

I have Googled the heck out of it, and cannot find a video that shows how to disassemble, reassemble a CZ Phantom, particularly the installment of the sear cage.  I have a CZ Phantom and want to upgrade to some CGW parts but first want to make sure of what I'm doing.

Is the sear cage held in just by the decocking lever?

I have a CZ SP01Tactical, and have detail stripped it an put it back together, but the way the sear cage is held in place on the Phantom looks to be different than on the SP01 Tactical.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Not a video, but will these photos help? It’s from CZ Forums.

Looks like there is a retention pin for a whole triggerbar/sear package.

Earlier this year I put a CGW kit in my Phantom, ran into the same thing.  I will check tonight and post back, the links I found to help.  I will say, make sure you order a couple of extra lifter springs. The little boogers like to grow wings and fly away.  

On the CZ Tactical, there is a sear cage pin that attaches through the metal frame and holds the entire sear cage and its contents in place.  On the pploymer Phantom frame, there is no hole to hold the sear cage assembly in place.  That looks to be on the metal frame held inside the Phantom polymer frame. Is that correct?  And if so, is the only way to remove the sear cage on Phantom is to take out the 2mm and 3mm pins and then remove the entire internal assembly to access it to then remove the sear cage pin?  I hope that made sense.

Thanks for the links.  I'm proficient in detail stripping and trouble shooting Shadows and SP01 Tactical.  It's the Phantom sear cage attachment to metal frame insert that i had questions on. But once i removed the metal frame insert it was pretty self explanatory.