Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Thumb Rest / *thumb rest [generic]*

Sig0431

I talked to Springer awhile ago and they stated they were looking into creating a thumb rest for the P320 but nothing as of yet. Has anyone tired a universal rail mounted thumb rest with the P320 or ventured into actually drilling and attaching one to the grip module? I have never shot with one but am interested in seeing the difference if any.

Edited by Sig0431

2 hours ago, bossgvr4 said:

My "thumb rest" is a Gen1 Take Down Lever. The bump out on the old TDL is a perfect place for my forward thumb to index and even get some downward force on my X-Five.

I do the same on both Gen 1 and 2 takedown levers. They work like little built in gas pedals. I suppose it works as long as your thumb is long enough.

I looked last night of a way to attach one and the TDL makes it very difficult to place one in the correct location without interfering with the take down process unless there was some way to swap the TDL to the right side. I wonder if there would be any affects on the TDL of the FCU over time if you were to make a TDL that has a thumb rest built into it.

1 hour ago, alma said:

Mason Lane had one made by welding a shelf onto the TDL 

Thanks for the lead. I found a picture of it on his instagram. Do you know if he liked the design and stayed with it? I saw on his new X5 he does not have it on there but that may just be in the process.