Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best lenses to pick up red fo

tcazes

On my drive to work, as I crest the hill, there is a traffic light about 3/4 of a mile up the road. I can see the light if it is Red, but I don't see it if it's Green. Not sure what this means for my shooting.

Studies say Green is brighter. Some even make a case for Orange. Shooting environment obviously plays a big role as far as contrasting background colors, as well as brightness of the day.

Shooting glasses with interchangeable lenses and a prescription insert, bought as a kit, seem to make the most sense for me. Pricey initially, but worth it in the long run.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2018 at 9:21 AM, Balakay said:

I have tried a lot of Oakley lenses including Prizm TR22 and TR45. My current favorite is the Prizm trail. They are not as dark as the TR 22 but they provide excellent contrast for red on brown. On super bright Florida days, I might still use the TR 22

Yeah, the TR22 lets in 22% of light and the TR45 lets in 45% of light. I'm not sure about the Prizm trail but I would think it should make brown targets stand out from dirt, almost how they're designed, is for trail people is to see the difference in the terrain.