Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Silicon carbide on SSI 2.0?

Just curious if anyone has tried putting silicon carbide on the SSI scale 2.0 grip, the right side grip in particular. 

In the hot 100+ degree days, I found my arm full of sweat, touching that special area on the grip while "hands relaxed at sides", often makes the right side SSI scale wet, making it very slippery, even with pro grip applied to my right palm.  

I wonder if I can apply silicon carbide on JB weld on the surface that is the most problematic (as shown in the picture), and whether if that will stick and last.  If anyone has tried this, please let me know.  Thanks.

1.jpg

Wow, looks very grippy! Exactly what I am looking for. I am not handy... Can you please do a quick video how to properly hamd checkering it? Do I need to buy special files from Brownells or some place? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Made a massive difference.

I just found a really small triangular file and drew lines on it with a fine sharpie, then slowly cut into it. Not perfect, but once I cerakoted it? Looked just fine.

Honestly I like the PD palmswells enough, though, that I'll probably sell my scales soon.