Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Modifications For Para Lda

EricBudd

I have a PARA 14.45 LDA that I have been shooting in production and have decided that I need to upgrade from the stock sights to something a little better. I'm thinking about race cut bomars and a fiber optic front, but I haven't made up my mind yet. Along with a trigger job, what else should I consider doing to keep the gun production legal?

I also shoot this gun in IDPA SSP (it weighs 39 oz) so I also want to keep it IDPA legal.

Thanks,

Eric Budd

Grip Tape or Grip Sock is ALL you can consider besides those sights. (USPSA) for external mods.

PS I hope you load .45 minor if not that should be a stronger consideration for mods :)

No Idea on IDPA

Can't use tungsten in ANY IDPA DIVISION so that is out. Are you sure that you don't shoot that 45 in CDP in IDPA?

Many will shoot a lighter recoil spring for an upgrade. I could also recomend the Dawson Precision sights.

Rick

One modification that seems to be a gray area for production division would be dremeling the meg well a bit to aid in reloads.

Is this a internal modification that would be legal for production? it depends on who you talk to.

Does anyone have more information about this?