Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

who makes PC lever guns?

steviesterno

weird question for here, I'm sure. Anyway I'm thinking about picking up a lever gun in a pistol caliber, and I was wondering who makes them? I'm leaning towards 38/357 but wouldn't be against a 44. Would be for general farm/walking around and plinking in places where semi autos are frowned upon. 

Dumber question time... does anyone make these in 9mm or 45 acp? that would be badass. 

I love my marlin guide gun in 45-70.  I have been wanting to buy its little brother in .45 long colt.  It would be a very versatile rifle, you could down load it with bunny farts and stoke it with 300 grainers that approach a mid-level 45-70 load.  My current 3-gun and pcc addiction has complicated me buying one.

P.S.  Shooting a .45 Long Colt doesn't seem to have the same crack as a .357 or .44 to my ears.  When it comes to filling freezers, I prefer the .45 LC to the other calibers.

Edited by bmiller

Marlin, Henry, Winchester, rossi, can be had new and used. the new Winchesters are higher end guns.  browning also used to make them and I am sure there are others.  I don't know of any in 9mm or 45acp.  357 and 44 are both excellent guns and even better if you reload.  I am sure 45 colt is great too, never had one though.  There are also some very nice Italian copies by uberti and others

Had a beat up Marlin lever gun .41 mag for a truck gun in my youth.   Loved that rife and caliber,  but sold it when I was getting out of loading for .41 mag/special revolvers.   I have regretted that off and on over the years.    The .41 is a great reloader's cartridge and the marlin was a great lever rifle for it.