Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Howdy from Texas!

Equin

Hi Folks!

New to the forum and relatively new to the shooting sports. I shot an IDPA match about 4 to 5 years ago and really enjoyed it. I would've continued, but after my 4 yr old son was born, I just haven't had the time to do much of anything. I'd like to start up again with shooting matches as time allows. I'm interested in IDPA, 3-Gun, Run and Guns, CMP Garand type matches, shooting clays and even traditional archery. It'll be a challenge with my poor eyesight (highly nearsighted/myopic), but I'm doing this for fun and enjoy competing against myself.

Anyway, I found this forum and am impressed with the amount of knowledge in here. I hope to learn as much as I can and contribute when possible.

Ed

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Welcome aboard, Ed   :)

I had to wait until my daughter was a bit older than 8 to get started, again.

Good luck with your shooting    ..... 

I hear ya! I have a feeling I won't be able to participate as much as I'd like til he gets older.

42 minutes ago, bcp said:

Welcome to the forums.  Which part of TX?

Waxahachie, about 30 minutes south of Dallas. Nice little town, but growing pretty quickly. Which part are you from?

No kidding! Navarro? SAGU? We just moved to Waxahachie last year. We were in Lancaster before that. 

And thanks for letting me know of ETTS. I had looked them up before. Very nice place with long distances, too, but a bit out of my price range. Probably well worth it, though, if I had the time to shoot more often.

Not too familiar with Roanoke, but I hear it has a very nice little historical downtown, plus it's close to the Speedway and Cabelas.

I have undergraduate and master's degrees from SAGU.  Small world.  

Yes, Roanoke has all of that and some interesting little restaurants that get good press...Babe's Chicken, Hard 8 BBQ, and others.  I live within sight of the Speedway.  Let me know if you come up this way and maybe we could meet.

On 7/3/2017 at 4:15 PM, bcp said:

I have undergraduate and master's degrees from SAGU.  Small world.  

Yes, Roanoke has all of that and some interesting little restaurants that get good press...Babe's Chicken, Hard 8 BBQ, and others.  I live within sight of the Speedway.  Let me know if you come up this way and maybe we could meet.

Thanks! Will have to visit one day. Be sure to let me know if you're ever back in Waxahachie again.