Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BA 18" Fluted Barrel- Good 3 Gun Barrel

Ldogg

I was curious if anyone had experience with the ballistic advantage 18" .223 Wylde SPR Fluted Stainless Steel Rifle Length AR 15 Barrel, Premium Series? http://ballisticadvantage.com/18-inch-223-wylde-spr-fluted-mid-length-ss-premium-barrel.html

I am intrigued by the weight , price(on sale) and sub Moa guarantee but am concerned about how well a barrel of that weight will hold up to prolonged and rapid firing. I'm a total noob and have spent weeks reading up on barrels and options and recognize there is no perfect option but was hoping that I could get some guidance on why this may be a bad way to go.

Thank you everyone !

I have never bought a BA barrel, but from what I have heard they are a good barrel. I'm thinking of getting one for a 6.5 Grendel.

My 3 gun rifle has a Faxon 18" GUNNER barrel, very accurate.

Thank you very much for the feedback, I will take a look at the Faxon as well. Have a great 4th of July weekend!

I have had 3 BA (or aero precision- made by BA) and they have been excellent. They were all basic Gov't profiles in 7.5", 10.5", and 12.5". They all outperformed their price point, imo. But I have not tried the particular one above. But I wouldn't hesitate to. 

I now have the Faxon 18.5" gunner and it is amazing for the price as well.