Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 9 spare parts

DementedAntics

Looking for advice on what spare/replacement parts to stock up on. I've read some threads and people seem to stock up on common parts that are prone to failure or need maintenance/ replacing at certain intervals. So for those of you with high mileage m&p 9s, clue me in on what to stock up on to make sure I have parts for years to come for this gun. Thanks!

I keep an extra recoil spring, striker assembly (but they are harder to find or very expensive ), magazine springs. I also keep those small parts like plug, pins in case i lose them taking it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The striker is sometimes hard to find. I found some through a local gun shop that had a m&p official armor they get a cool parts kit that has a couple in it. It's the only place I've found them in stock. 

35 minutes ago, Mully383 said:

The striker is sometimes hard to find. I found some through a local gun shop that had a m&p official armor they get a cool parts kit that has a couple in it. It's the only place I've found them in stock. 

The last two I bought was purchased from MidwayUSA on back order. It took a couple of months to get them. 

The great thing about the M&Ps are, even in a competition setting, they very rarely break. The only thing I have ever seen go wrong with one was the striker assembly and even then, it was only the spring which are readily available. 

The slide stops break, just the tab on the right side usually, still function. Later production models are beefed up, understand it's rarer on them.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I realized I just used my last one last match and I needed some more striker springs. Called Smith and Wesson and they shipping me some on wensday when they get back from the holiday weekend. I would highly recommend anyone to steer clear of the wolf factory replacement. It is noticably lighter and wouldn't set of cci primers. 

On 6/30/2017 at 6:07 PM, JMike said:

The great thing about the M&Ps are, even in a competition setting, they very rarely break. The only thing I have ever seen go wrong with one was the striker assembly and even then, it was only the spring which are readily available. 

If you replace your trigger springs. I've seen two of them fail, although I'm pretty sure one was upside down/backwards.

• 4 weeks later...