Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou 124gr TCG

IDescribe

There is a prior thread.  The 124gr molds appear to have worn out with increasing flash on the mold line.  The 120gr Bayout bullets are just fine and have a small radius on the truncation possibly improving feeding.  The 120gr Acme bullets are similar.  Only thing about the Acme's is that I have to load them at 1.065" for my SA 9mm 1911.

21 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Yeah the new RN 124gr Acme isn't short barrel friendly. Needed 1.090"ish to feed in an M&P.

I find my short-throated 9mm CZ pistols have to take bullets about .03 shorter than my longer throated 9mm pistols.  I load that ACME 124gr RN to 1.06 for my ShadowLine, so 1.09 for an M&P is right in line with that.  For the record, I've shot plenty of the new mould ACME 124gr RN through my ShadowLine, and while 1.06 is pretty darned short, it feeds reliably.  No issues.

It does yes. The only reason I like a Bullet like a pointy FMJ or the Blues is because I also feed that ammo to two guns that like longer ammo.

1.125-1.130" is a happy medium that shoots pretty well in everything I load for, with coated 124s.

If you're only loading for your one short-chambered gun then it really doesn't matter.

Edited by MemphisMechanic