Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Car Trouble Before A Big Match

SteveZ

Today I went out to do some practice before Area 1...get to the range and think "hmmmm....something smells like antifreeze....hope its not me". Well it IS me. A rock went up my air intake (Mitsubishi Eclipse) and hit the radiator. I got home and removed the radiator thinking I'll take it into a shop and get it welded....but I find out, they don't fix radiators anymore...they replace them.

So I ordered a new radiator and it will HOPEFULLY be here on Monday...I leave Tuesday. I'm not much of a fan of Barsleak (and Mt. St. Helens under my hood)...so I better get that radiator Monday or I'm screwed.

Maybe this is all the bad mojo I'll have for A1...I hope! :blink:

Steven...

I have room in my Expedition for a few more things, and would be happy to throw your gear in the back, if you want to do the road-trip on your bike and have your stuff meet you there...

I'm leaving on Monday morning (need to be there Tuesday to set up the stat shack). Let me know?

Bruce

Steven...

I have room in my Expedition for a few more things, and would be happy to throw your gear in the back, if you want to do the road-trip on your bike and have your stuff meet you there...

I'm leaving on Monday morning (need to be there Tuesday to set up the stat shack).   Let me know?

Bruce

thanks for the offer Bruce...my neighbor asked the same question when she saw me taking the radiator out "how about riding your bike?"

Uh....a 500 mile straight road trip on a Yamaha R1 in one day would NOT be a fun trip! :wacko:

I should be OK....worst case is, they ordered the wrong radiator. If that happens....I'll give the Bars Leak a shot and bring lots of extra water and hope it doesn't explode! ;)

Uh....a 500 mile straight road trip on a Yamaha R1 in one day would NOT be a fun trip!

OK, so you'd be walking a little funny... but hey, no daytime speed limits in Montana! B)

Bruce

Uh....a 500 mile straight road trip on a Yamaha R1 in one day would NOT be a fun trip!

OK, so you'd be walking a little funny... but hey, no daytime speed limits in Montana! B)

Bruce

I'd be walking ALOT funny!

Is that still true...no daytime speed limits in Montana? I had heard years ago that was the case but I also thought later I had heard that they imposed some arbitrary limit. Its been a while since I've been driving in Montana. If I can make some time up when I cross the boarder....I'll do it! ;)

With a top speed of 185MPH on the bike...I could make up some SERIOUS time! B)

FOLLOWUP: I just looked, it appears the speed limit is now 75 in Montana....so much for 185!

Uh....a 500 mile straight road trip on a Yamaha R1 in one day would NOT be a fun trip!  :wacko:

In the current issue of the UK-based Bike magazine, there is a blurb on a guy who does about 100mile-a-day commute on a KTM Adventurer (an offroad desert racer). :ph34r: