Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade Tech Quad Mag Holder

Tester

I have a Blade Tech, quad, single stack mag holder. I was wondering if it is legal to use in Limited-10. I'm not sure how the 50mm from your side applies to this. If it is 50 mm to the center of the outboard mounted mag it is probably OK. The holder stacks two single stack mags next to each other and a second set to the rear of those in a 2X2 configuration with the flat side againt your side. I sure hope I was clear on that. I couldn't find anything in the rules to prevent this unless I completely missed something. I did a search and didn't see anything related to these.

I may be shooting my first match the end of this month and would like to use what I have, if it's legal. I will be shooting a Kimber Stainless Target in 45ACP out of a Blade Tech belt holster.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Tester

Steve B.

While a lil on the expensive side this is a much better set up for mag aquisition and it does meet the 50mm distance requirements.

Of couse in Ltd 10 there is nothing that prevents you from using a CR/Safariland/Limcat or any other holster/mag pouch/belt combo other than the 50mm offset distance.

beltfeed.jpg

The measurement is made between your belt and the inside of the magazine or handgun, as close to the center of the magazine/handgun's longest dimension. It's done that way to average out sag or cant between the holster/mag holder and the belt. The belt pretty much is your torso for this measurement. This is the way I have measured in the few cases when it looked needed. An overlay is supposed to be 50mm wide (I don't have one right at hand to check), but you can try it with that.

Troy

I've got the CompTac Beltfeed pictured. The 4th mag on it is located where my 3rd mag used to be using Uncle Mike's double mag pouches. So now I'm not reaching as far around my back for the last mag. I think the Blade Tech quad pouch has the mags positioned too close together.

splashdown

The measurement is made between your belt and the inside of the magazine or handgun, as close to the center of the magazine/handgun's longest dimension.  It's done that way to average out sag or cant between the holster/mag holder and the belt.  The belt pretty much is your torso for this measurement.  This is the way I have measured in the few cases when it looked needed.  An overlay is supposed to be 50mm wide (I don't have one right at hand to check), but you can try it with that. 

Troy

Thanks Troy, for trying to explain.

I think I am still having trouble picturing that measurement. I guess I'll ask when I get to the range Sunday maybe they can show me. I don't understand the part about 'to the center of the longest dimension' and how it relates to the outer and inner set of mags on the Blade Tech quad mag holder. There is probably no use in trying to explain it further as I just can't visualize it with out seeing how the measurement is made. I know I'm making this harder that it probably is but that's me.

Thanks again to everyone for the info.

Steve