Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Doubled A Few Times?

Kevin Kline

I was looking all over the set or overtravel screws last night and couldnt find them. Can anybody give me the exact location of the screws? Are they in the frame, trigger bar, trigger housing or does anyone have a picture?

Thanks,

In the ejector housing, just behind and level with the slot that the left-side tab of the trigger bar rides in.

If it's dirty you won't even see it from the side - mine sticks out about 1/8" or less.

Looks like this but smaller:

post-354-1118838849_thumb.jpg

The photo is from Lone Wolf's website - looks like a good part for people who refuse to get Charlie's trigger job.

Disregard guys, sorry for the confusion. Completely forgot that I swaped out the trigger parts when I changed from 40 to 9. When I got my 34, I swaped out the trigger parts from the 35 that Charlie did the trigger job in and put them in the 34 I just got, except the trigger housing because of the difference in the ejector. I found the other trigger housing and the screw.

Now my problem is what do I stick in there to stop it from doubling/tripling. Maybe Charlie will just do the set screws if I send him a trigger housing?

I'll see,

Thanks,

Charlie sells modified trigger housings from his website http://www.vanekcustom.com/

You don't need to get a new one. The ejector comes out of the housing and you can replace it with the 9mm ejector.

Just get a small punch, put it in the rectangular hole under the set screw hole and push the ejector out the front.

Ok,

I believe the problem is solved. I will know for sure tomorrow (hopefully) when I get to shoot it. As I stated before, I switched from shooting 35 to a 34. Charlie did the trigger job on the 35 in Feb. I swaped out the trigger parts from the 35 (with Vanek trigger) to the 34. I didn't know there were set screws in the trigger housing so I didn't the trigger housing, plus didn't know I could and thought I had to keep the 34 9mm trigger housing because of the ejector.

After talking to Charlie, he told me I could swap out the ejectors easily and still the use the trigger housing he put the set screws in for the 34.

I gotta tell ya, CHARLIE IS A HELL OF A GUY!!!!!!!! I will do business with him again just for the principle. I talked with him on his cell phone when he was busy and really didn't have time. He made time for me anyway. I told him my problems and told him I needed another trigger housing for my 34 and he could have easily told me the price and made $40, I wouldn't have known any better. Instead, Charlie told me I could just swap the ejectors in the housings and I wouldn't have to buy another one and save the money.

CHARLIE IS A HELLUVA STAND UP GUY! Charlie was very honest even when he could have made a few bucks, but was honest enough to help out.

I apologize for the mixup guys and APPRECIATE all the help and ideas. No place else on the internet can you find a forum or guys like this.

Thanks,

One of the reason's Charlie is "The Man" is he knows how important your reputation is regardless of how good your work is.

"Seems like I always find a couple big chunks in there every time I clean."

How many people have you met who won't believe this, until it happens to 'em?

Ok,

I shot 200 round yesterday and it worked perfect, no doubling, tripling or any problems, like a Glock! I shot the 200 rounds with splits as fast as I could pull the trigger and never had a problem.

I think that should fix and appreciate all the help.