Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tanfolgio limited custom and the extreme

jimbullet

Hi, I am new to Tanfolgio. I heard that the frame on their 9mm and 40 variants are the same so would it mean that I only need an upper assembly plus the right magazines to convert say a limited custom in 40 to a 9mm?

Are all parts interchangeable across models  say between the limited custom and the HC extreme custom?

There are at least two guys in this forum who have two Stock 2's in 9mm. A gun they shoot in matches, and a backup one.

They cannot swap the slides between these two guns due to the wide variation in manufacturing tolerances found in the Tanfoglio platform.

Others may chime in with their direct experiences with the Limited guns, but I would personally be cautious about planning to swap uppers around.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

They swap. Some minor fitting may be needed, but likely won't be.

I have moved slides across multiple competition frames without issue.

Standard frame "should" swap too, but i get interference  there that would need extra clearance.

With that said, some may need more tweaking to make slide A fit frame B. Tweaking that may result in slide A no longer fitting as well on frame A. So, your results may differ from mine as was mentioned previously and removing metal may give other issues.

Edited by johnbu

I bought a 10MM Elite then  bought a 38 Super slide assy from EAA ,  thinking it might need some fitting but the fit was tight but with a little oil and 25 rounds thru the gun, fit was very nice and 100% reliable.

Sean