Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow target ii

lopezel

So I finally built the courage to tear apart my CZ pistols and I've gotten quite good at the whole process. I have a shadow target ii and a regular cz75b that's been worked on by Cajun. 

I noticed that I shot the Cajun gun much better and attributed it to the nicer crisper break. Now that I had some experience changing parts and experimenting, I switched the hammer and disconnector assembly from the Cajun gun to the shadow target and voila, the nice crisp trigger was transferred from the Cajun gun to the shadow. 

My question is this... The hammers look the same to me, but they're obviously not the same. What hammer does the shadow target Ii come with? This is the pistol http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-shadow-target-ii-9mm-cz-custom/

I'll probably be ordering a Cajun hammer and sear tomorrow but I was just curious if you guys have a preference for stock shadow parts vs any "upgrades". 

My question is this... The hammers look the same to me, but they're obviously not the same. What hammer does the shadow target Ii come with?

I would think it's this one:

https://czcustom.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=10035+&cat=

I've got a Shadow 2 with some components from each.  I've got the hammer noted above along with the CZC short reset disco, 13# main spring, with a CGW Extended firing pin with reduced power FPS and a CGW 11# recoil spring.  I've also got the CGW barrel bushing on the way.  I've considered getting the CGW hammer and sear just to experiment, but I don't think it's worth the cost at the moment.  Maybe after the summer.

I had a Shadow Target 2 up until a couple of days ago.  After I did the work on my Shadow 2, the triggers were nearly identical.  Actually the Shadow 2 ended up being a tad smoother with a slightly shorter reset and a little less SA take up.  I ended up with 7.5# DA and 2.5# SA.  My Target 2 was a hair over 8# in DA and 3# SA.  I don't care as much about weight as I do about feel though, so the differences in weight were basically moot.  The Target 2 did have a much more tactile SA reset though, which I liked.  I took the fully adjustable rear sight off of the Target 2 and swapped it over to the Shadow 2.  For some reason, I shoot much better with that rear sight than the stock Shadow 2 rear sight.