Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just Won "choice" Of A Comp-tac Holster...

DrKyle1

At the Tx Spring Championship I won a shooter's choice of a comp-tac holster. I have never used one nor seen one. Which one do ya'll recommend? I am shooting a G35 IDPA and USPSA production.

Their website is www.comp-tac.com

You can see all of their models there. When I shoot my CZ, I use a comp-tac locking paddle holster. It's good. I can't see how another kydex holster would be any better. Straight drop. Secure. I have no idea whether the new IDPA holster rules made it suddenly illegal or not. I

I think they can be pretty flexible about what they give you--cants, different colors, etc.

DD

I have the 5 different Comp-Tac Locking Paddle Holsters. Two for my Glock 34 (one for me and one for my daughter). I have this set-up for my 1911 and Glock 21 (for CDP) and one for my SSR as well. I love the holster, but with the new IDPA "daylight" rule, have had to modify each and everyone to meet the criteria. I still love the hoster, but as each of us is different, you might have to modify as well.

I have just started switching over to their belt hosters. Meets IDPA criteria, places the gun at my hand as well as the tactical locking paddle, and is an excellent holster. Just make sure that you order one to "fit" your belt. If you get one that is made for a belt that is 1 3/4 and your belt is 1 1/2, then the holster is not as locked tight and there is some play. This can be minimized by tightening the belt, but just getting the right one to begin with is the answer.

Greg and his crew make one of the best holsters around. Period. One of the best and most comfortable IWB is his new C-Tac. Great IWB for IDPA, Concealed Carry and comfortable.....esp in the Houston TX heat/humidity. Also a consideration if you like to use a IWB for IDPA.

Garry N.

I've got several Comp-Tac holsters, and will add my kudos to those already given. Most of them are IWBs, but the non-locking paddle I have for my CZ-75B is fast, doesn't show daylight, has the "FBI" cant I prefer, and works well (for a paddle holster) for concealment. You have a choice of cant on that holster; just call them up and tell them what you want. Be prepared for lightning-fast service too - you'll have it within a week of the order. IMO, Comp-Tac sets the standard for customer service in the holster industry.

I have the vertical speed paddle as do most of the shooters I know after the new rules. Only two people I shoot with use the speed paddle with the cant. The locking paddle is a great holster but if the design hasn't changed, it will likely need some mods to be IDPA legal. And yes the c-tac is great for iwb.

Double ditto on the good guys and great products from c-t.

Have two of the locking paddles. One is IDPA legal, the other has some offset and lots of light in the belt channel. I where one for IDPA matches and the other for USPSA matches. Just tell Greg what you want to use it for and answer his questions and you will get great service with a fantastic product.

Since you just got the free holster ask them about a buying a nice T shirt and hat to round the package out.

I switched from Blade-tech to Comp-tec after a friend pointed out their website. I picked up a paddle (the non-locking kind) for my 85 combat. I have since bought three more and will probably get another one as soon as he makes one for the SP01. I have found I like the FBI cant better than the straight drop (although this is pure personal preference) and I like the paddles better than the locking paddle which I think takes to long to take on and off.