Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 EXT FPB?

rootacres

Does anyone have any pics with measurements showing how much they took off to make work? I am going to try to do this once without messing it up. Are the FPB even tested at Level 2 matches to ensure they work?

I have a titan hammer, xtreme 1 piece sear, and a bolo. . Xtreme FP

Edited by rootacres

90% of the people out there don't make any adjustments to the block for it to work correctly.

That's also an impossible question for anyone to answer before you tell them exactly which hammer, sear, and disconnector combination is in your gun.

...and even then, you may be looking at a few thousandths variation from gun to gun. I had obvious impact signs on the side of my firing pin with Titan/bolo/1pc sear combination. For most users that combination is 100% drop-in for the extended firing-pin block (FPB.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I bought the extreme fpb and actually had to file/polish machining marks on either side of the bottom of it where the trigger bar hits and raises it. Now it's nice and polished and works like a charm. 

Oh yeah and I also sanded down and polished the ridge a small bit where it blocks the firing pin. 

6 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

90% of the people out there don't make any adjustments to the block for it to work correctly.

That's also an impossible question for anyone to answer before you tell them exactly which hammer, sear, and disconnector combination is in your gun.

...and even then, you may be looking at a few thousandths variation from gun to gun. I had obvious impact signs on the side of my firing pin with Titan/bolo/1pc sear combination. For most users that combination is 100% drop-in for the extended firing-pin block (FPB.)

My bad, thats useful info for my question. I edited the post with the parts in my gun. Thanks 

I have the same setup you do, and had to do a fair bit of fitting. Most don't, but I did. I say a fair bit because I only removed a few thousandths but did so very slowly with lots of frequent checking to see if they contacted.

Painting both parts with a sharpie then looking to see if that gets worn silver is helpful.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

3 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Never seen a FP block tested at anything other than an IDPA match.

Hell I'm surprised anyone at an IDPA match even knew anything about a Tanfo much less if the FPB was in there or not.

10 hours ago, V2plus25 said:

Hell I'm surprised anyone at an IDPA match even knew anything about a Tanfo much less if the FPB was in there or not.

This would likely have been at a really big match. I've had guns weighed and slides stripped off and firing pin blocks checked, at exactly two really big IDPA matches. It's still uncommon over there, but it does happen.

It doesn't require knowledge of a Tanfoglio. CZs are common enough and function the same, and anyone who knows even a little bit about guns is going to know what that button is for when they pull the slide off.

• 1 month later...