Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Third

Another attempt at some sort of a field course - this one with a higher round count. Trying to work on low prop load, high round count courses without resorting to multiple strings is, uh.... fun :)

See what you think. Definitely tweakable. I StageCad'ed this one, and worked out the shoot angles, etc, so setting it up should yield a usable stage, I think.

SteelThird.DOC

Edit to add Mark's changes...

Looks like a fun one!

The setup instructions are a little confusing.

"Set all targets to 5’ at shoulder. P1 and P3 are 2’ to center. P2 and P4 are 3’ to center."

Possible change:

"Set all paper targets to 5’ at shoulder. Height of P1 and P3 are 2’ to center. Height of P2 and P4 are 3’ to center."

I'd probably shoot it by going from box A, to C, then back up to B. But just for grins and to open up the shooter's freestyle options, why not allow starting in ANY box?

...Mark

I'll definitely clean up the setup instructions, thanks :)

I *do* have 180 concerns w/ this one, but.... it's the shooter's responsibility, so...

I like the "start in any box" change. Hmmmmm..... :)

Check it out, now....

We don't see enough stages that require backing up. From what I understand they do it in European stages much more often than here.

["Mens On Books" voices]

Love it!!

[/"Mens On Books" voices]

Lynn,

In general, I agree with you. If I were designing this for a club, I'd know what the props in hand are, etc. We know that classifiers tend to not be used if they're prop heavy, and we can't anticipate what props a club might have. Therefore, a slightly less optimal stage design that's a little bit less freestyle in the name of portability :)