Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dual Arrays...scoring Between Strings...

Flexmoney

As far as scoring between strings, we set dual arrays for those......

I took the above quote from Nik in anyother thread.

Some of the new classifers require that we score between strings, or run a duplicate setup for each string.

It is seldom needed. Why bother?

As long as the targets don't get chewed up...and we can see to score...

Under current rules, this allows for 2 no-shoot hits per no-shoot per string, instead of 2 no-shoot hits per no-shoot. Only other thing I can think of...

The last time we shot 03-11 (Three shoot targets surrounding a no-shoot on one target stand) for example, a shooter put three rounds on the no-shoot during the first string. He managed to avoid that in the second. Scoring between strings reduced his penalties to 2; also keep in mind that with 40-75 shooters running through local matches, targets get chewed up quickly on these types of classifiers. Setting two arrays allows us to change targets less frequently --- thereby speeding up the match......

On any classifiers that involve long distance (Merle's standards for example) we set two arrays so we can run two shooters before walking downrange to score and tape ---- also because that's what tends to hold up a stage......

For us it comes down to efficient and accurate administration.

If you have a no shoot in front of a table and you hit a target that has a ton of hits on it several yards downrange you have no clue what to score. This happened recently.

Muliple string stages suck in my opinion, they are so time consuming. Just add reloads or make the time to move to the next area part of the stage and be done with the multiple string BS (rant over) :)

The last time we shot 03-11 (Three shoot targets surrounding a no-shoot on one target stand) for example, a shooter put three rounds on the no-shoot during the first string.  He managed to avoid that in the second.  Scoring between strings reduced his penalties to 2

Umm..no. :lol: What it did do is open him up to the possibility of recieving more than 2 NS penalties...for the remaining strings. Right? ;)

...also keep in mind that with 40-75 shooters running through local matches, targets get chewed up quickly on these types of classifiers.  Setting two arrays allows us to change targets less frequently

Right. There are plenty of matches that don't get the 40+ shooters. The decision should be left up to the MD, IMO. (That is why I said, as long as the targets don't get chewed up...and we can see to score...in my first post) :)

On any classifiers that involve long distance (Merle's standards for example) we set two arrays so we can run two shooters before walking downrange to score and tape ---- also because that's what tends to hold up a stage......

Again, MD option (sounds like a smart move).

For us it comes down to efficient and accurate administration.

Fine and dandy. But, lets not all try to get under the same blanket. A match that only has a handful of shooters doesn't need to worry about all that (unlike a match that is running 40+).

Will you allow anyone to make up misses from the first string, when shooting the second string?

IPSC says you won't, and separate string scoring is how you will prevent it. Multiple arrays are the same thing, because the strings are still scored seperately.

I'd really like to get this rule eliminated the next time the rules are reviewed.